Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home Office Ideas I Don't Like

home office jammed into a closet

You see this one in magazines a lot - use a closet as an office! I'm not fond of that idea - just look how cramped that area is. Imagine what it would feel like to work there! And there are probably problems with lighting and ergonomics - as well as very poor feng shui. If that closet was just used to store office supplies, I'd be fine with it - but not as a place to pull up a chair and work.

The other idea I don't like is fitting an office into your master bedroom - which is best reserved for sleep, relaxation, and love.

But that doesn't mean you can't make creative use of space to fit an office into the limited space that many of us deal with. I'll provide some nicer alternatives in the next post.

Photo: Better Homes and Gardens - which also has a number of nice storage ideas.

No comments: