Friday, June 15, 2007

Father's Day Gifts

Jeri Dansky's father, on her couch

Sunday is Father's Day here in the U.S. - and the San Francisco Chronicle points out that stores are selling "horrible collections of gifts for Dad."

If you want to ensure any gift you give does not become clutter, you can check my list of suggestions. (Recommendations for additions to the list are always welcome.)

And AskMen.com has this suggestion: Sometimes it's difficult to find the perfect gift ideas that say, "I love you dad, and I appreciate all the sacrifices you've made for me." This year, forget about the tacky tie, and give your father a gift that he'll truly appreciate.

Finding a gift is quite simple; just think of all the activities your father enjoys, then surprise him by planning a full day together. The gift will show your appreciation, but it's the time spent together that will be the icing on the cake.

[photo: my dad]

2 comments:

Ariane Benefit said...

Great list of Clutter Free Gift Ideas! Last year I did a list for Mother's day...many of them work for Father's too!

http://www.neatliving.net/blog/2006/05/clutterfree_gif.html

Thanks for your tips on my blog...Great ideas!

Jeri Dansky said...

Ariane,

I like your list, too!

Jeri