Monday, September 17, 2007

Tips from Good Housekeeping: August 2007

words Clean House Comes Clean

Good Housekeeping is not where I'd expect to find organizing advice - but I found three interesting tidbits in this issue.

1. Organizing jewelry for travel: I wrote about this on the Clutter Control Freak blog.

2. Organizing the mail: Use a British toast rack, such as the one shown above. (Other options are available here and here.) This wouldn't be my first choice in most situations, but I always like creative alternatives - they're usually just right for someone.

3. Avoiding medical ID theft: Thieves are using other people's names to get health care, so protect your medical insurance card just as you would a credit card. Review your explanation-of-benefits notices, and follow up with your insurance company if you stop getting them.

No comments: