Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For Valentine's Day 2009: Yet More Boxes

valentine gift boxes with hearts

For those who want to celebrate the holiday - or perhaps just celebrate love - with some nice storage, I've got some additions to last year's list.

I grew up in the 60s, so I just can't resist the singing gift boxes above, which play Sonny and Cher's "I've Got You Babe" when you open them. There's a "demo" on the web site, if you want to hear a clip and feel nostalgic. Unfortunately, they seem to be sold out at the moment.


pewter box with daisy and words He loves me
Or you could get something much more subtle: this pewter box.


wooden box with daisy - loves me, loves me not

Using the same flower petal theme, Jim Clift Design has a loves me/loves me not box.


heart marquetry wood boxes

Heartwood Creations has a number of heart marquetry boxes. They are sold in craft galleries and gift stores throughout the U.S.


wooden keepsake box with heart

Over on Etsy, Stillpoint Woodworks has this nice, simple wooden keepsake box. Update on Feb. 5, 2012: I'm no longer seeing this box on the Stillpoint Woodworks site.


box with heart, painted to look like punched tin

Staying on Etsy, Cheryl Battaglia has this clever "Not Tin Not Punched Painted Box" - a paper mache box painted to look like punched tin. This is a one-of-a-kind product, but there's a second box with a heart, and one with an X and an O - at least, there is right this minute. Update on Feb. 5, 2012: This product isn't shown in Cheryl's shop any more.


painted tin boxes, each with a heart

If you'd like real tin, you could get one of these painted tin boxes, made in Mexico.


winged heart box

And finally, this winged heart box also comes from Mexico. Update on Feb. 10, 2011: The site selling this box has disappeared from the web.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The loves me / loves me not box is fantastic!

Jeri Dansky said...

Glad you like it, chaotic kitten!