Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Three Recipe Boxes (and a Basket)

recipe box and cards, bright pink, image of unicorn

Recipe boxes are nothing new - but this unicorn box from ChristopherAndTia sure is! It's always interesting - at least to me - to see the many variations people devise for such a basic organizing product. The same image that's on the cards is also on the lid of the box. Update on Feb. 15, 2011: it seems that Christopher and Tia are no longer making these boxes - although they can still make extra cards for people who bought the boxes previously.


patterned recipe box

Over at Jocole, you can design your own recipe box, selecting from a wide range of patterns - or even using one of your own.


bamboo wood recipe box

Levenger sells "tools for serious readers" - so I guess in this case the company means readers of cookbooks and magazines with recipes. Update on Dec. 31, 2010: Levenger no longer sells this product.


recipe basket

And finally, Longaberger has two different recipe baskets. Update on Feb. 15, 2011: I'm no longer finding either of these on the Longaberger web site.

In other news: I'm off on vacation! There won't be any new posts until May 3, but expect some great new ideas then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boxes and a basket. I am changing from a file to a book and when my daughter gets it done I will be so happy as she has been working on it for 3 years!!

Cynthia Friedlob said...

I like the idea of using a pretty recipe box instead of a rolodex for phone numbers. Use alphabetical dividers and have nice big cards to write on. Good for those of us who don't have our entire lives computerized on our contact lists.

Jeri Dansky said...

Cynthia, I have a client who does just that, and it works really well for her. I never thought about that option until I saw her system.

Jeri Dansky said...

Marilyn, I'm still using basic file boxes - not sure what I would choose if starting over, but it's not worth my time to change.

Jodi Jean said...

wow, i stumbled upon your blog. thanks for including the recipe box from jocole ... here is a link to my site where you can purchase it.

jocole.com

Jeri Dansky said...

Jodi Jean, thanks for commenting! There was supposed to be a link in the post, but something went wrong; I've added it now.